Rub-ons are a great addition to scrapbook pages but like all scrapbooking supplies can become expensive or just may not be able to find the exact rub-on you had in mind for a scrapbooking page. Follow these simple steps, and you can create your own rub-ons with your computer and use them over and over again!
Transparency paper (purchased at your local office supply store)
Popsicle Stick or credit card
1.Insert the transparency into your inket printer, so that it prints on the SMOOTH side of the transparency be sure you have the smooth side down.
2. Open your favourite word processing or photo program and create the text or image you want to have as a rub on.
3. Format your printer settings so that it is set to print on "plain paper", "best quality" and "mirror image" (the image needs to be reversed especially if you are printing text or it will appear backwards).
4. Print your "rub-on"
5. Let dry for about 3-5 minutes being careful not to touch it or it will smear.
6. Place the transparency smooth side down onto your scrapbooking page exactly where you want the image or text to appear, holding firmly in place, and rub with a popsicle stick or credit card just Press hard and make sure you rub over the entire surface of the image
7. Carefully pull up the transparency and let ink completey dry before touching
8. Use a damp cloth or paper towel to clean off your transparency and get it ready for your next rub-on, you can re-use the transparency over and over and over again.
Be sure to practise first before putting the rub-on your page. Every ink jet printer is different and drying times may vary but with a bit of practise you will be creating rub-ons with very little effort